According to local media, the fire may have started due to a short circuit.
Eleven newborn babies died this Wednesday in a hospital fire in the city of Senegal Tiwaunein the west of the country, this morning the president reported Mackie Sal.
fire broke out in neonatology department Hospital Mama Abdul Aziz Sai Dabakhi From Tivaouane.
“I have just learned with the pain and despair of the death of 11 newborn babies in a fire,” the Senegalese president wrote on his Twitter account. Condolences to the children’s mothers and their families.
was caused by fire for “short circuit” And the fire spread very quickly” because of the service, said city mayor Demba Diop. “Three children rescued”, Etcetera
According to the local press, the hospital was recently opened.
health ministerAbdullah Diouf Sarr, The attendee of the World Health Organization meeting, who was in Geneva, said he was returning to Senegal immediately.
“This situation is very unfortunate and extremely painful,” he said on the radio. “Investigations are on to see what happened,” he said.
And similar incident This happened in late April in the northern municipality of Lingure, when a fire at a hospital killed four children.
the mayor of that city said the flames power problem In the air conditioning system of the maternity ward, where there were six children.
“More children burned in a public hospital (…) This is unacceptable Mackie Saul,” the opposition deputy condemned on Twitter Mamadou Lamin Diallo. “We are in pain with the families to whom we extend our condolences. Enough is enough,” he said.
according to the norms of