sexting It is a practice in which messages with erotic content are exchanged through an electronic device such as a mobile phone, tablet or computer. These ‘hot’ messages can be text, video, photo, audio, etc., but the goal in all of them is to be with someone. a ritual conversation.
Sexologist Rosa Navarro in Diversual explains that it is another form of expression of sexuality, adapted to the circumstances and the development of the use of social networks and new technologies. that is, This is sex 2.0, Population youth is more associated with the population and is practiced equally by men and women. However, “a difference that appears to exist is that women do more to send them and men do more to receive,” he explains.
The playful part of sexting is obvious, but it should also be kept in mind that, if some basic precautions are misunderstood and omitted, this sexual material exchange can take place. crimes Cybernetics such as grooming, sextortion or cyberbullying.
“We can’t forget that network manipulation and deceit is a reality we can anticipate. The best protection against this type of crime is adequate information,” says the diversified sexologist. It is important to bear in mind, he continues, that it should be a condition of consent by both the parties and also that the person with whom the exchange takes place is any Self-confidence,
Benefits of practicing sexting
In any case, the practice of sexting is a personal decision based on personal tastes and preferences, but if done properly it has positive potential that can favor normal aspects of our sexuality. Some sexologists say:
- we can find fantasies Experiment with sex and those less traditional practices without actually putting them into practice.
- This means having safe sex without the risk of unwanted pregnancies or any STIs.
- It is an ideal method for long distance relationships, which will help us to connect with the partner from whom we are far away and thus helps us to maintain our relationship. active sexual desire,
- It can be practiced as a prelude to face-to-face sex to increase desire and excitement before a meeting. Could be a suggestive photo or a spicy message A good starter before the main course, Sending this material while the other person is on their way home, teleworking or even cooking in the next room can be a great way to experiment and innovate in our sexuality. A very innovative option that is becoming more and more popular is the use of erotic toys with app controls, which allow you to give control to a remote partner as well as share messages, photos or videos.
How to practice safe sexting?
experts of various details that practicing sexting safely is key to avoiding putting yourself at risk and protecting yourself from crimes that may involve blackmail or revenge. In the absence of clear rules in this exchange of information, Anticipating and establishing rules and precautions in advance,
Some details that must be taken into account so as not to lose control of the content completely relate to the treatment given to the information we send. It is better to handle those materials in which The person appearing could not be identifiedand displaying details like tattoo or mark Which makes you easily recognizable. The platform should also be the highest neutral It is possible, to avoid being able to recognize the place where you are.
How to make children aware of its risks?
Although there is a high rate of millennials who practice it, sexting is a global phenomenon in which people of different ages participate. Some recent studies also suggest that it is a frequent practice in adult population, “Most of the research is focused on adolescents, so the results are mainly focused on this section,” explains Rosa Navarro. This is why, he says, that he engages with more young people.
If you have children, surely you have wondered how to protect them from unsafe practices. Psychological and educational psychologists to help minors understand the risks of sexting maribel gamesCenter for Applied Psychology Maribel Gámez. From, Provide Key:
- Establish a relationship of trust. The first thing that will protect them from the potentially negative consequences of sexting is that the relationship of trust between the adult and the teen is established from early childhood. From this relationship, one can also naturally approach the topic of sex and its various manifestations, where sexting is one of them. This will help both when the risks of this practice need to be warned, and so that they can tell, if they practice it, what they think or suspect about what happens to them.
- Help them separate the private from the public. Sexuality is part of a person’s intimacy, of behaviors that are of a personal nature. Teens should be helped to understand that if they practice sexting, that private part may be known to others to whom they would never want to show that part of themselves. This leaves you in a vulnerable position with respect to others who may handle highly sensitive material without the respect it deserves.
- Is this something you really want to do? Adolescence is a stage of life where a person is especially sensitive to other people’s comments or pressure. To protect yourself from the risks involved in this practice, it’s helpful to know if it’s something you really want to do or, conversely, feel that you have to do it in order to please others. You have to do it or you don’t for fear of being rejected. Is it possible that there may be other ways to express your sexuality without taking the risk of sexting?
- lost control. How would you feel if a sexual photo of someone you know came on your mobile? How do you think the person will react if he finds out that there are sexual videos or photos going around him? It is important to put him in the place of someone who may be suffering from the condition, because eventually, if he practices sexting he is also exposed to it. You must explain to him that if his photos or videos in situations of sexual exposure are made public for any reason, it will be unsafe for those who receive it and who may react by using that material, their privacy without protection as they deem fit.
- Social networks and reality. They should understand with practical examples that the world of social networks or mobile applications through which they can carry out this exercise is different from the real world. That is, there are fewer clues and keys, or they may be confusing, leading to the conclusion that one can be trusted. How do you achieve that certainty in the real world? Through a lot of communication and knowledge of the other until it becomes predictable enough. To find that certainty in the virtual world, it’s best to connect online, face-to-face.
according to the norms of